Contacting Dr. Heiser: DISCLAIMER
Ever seen one of those plate-spinning circus acts? That’s my life. Hence this message. What follows is designed only to be transparently honest.
Let me paint the picture for you. I do not work at home. I have no vocational ministry that makes me independent. I have no secretary or any other administrative help. It’s just me. I have a regular FT job. I am an adjunct professor at two schools. I blog, podcast, and do interviews. I also write articles and books. That means research (even for novels) and deadlines. I also have a wife and kids with whom I like to interact and occasionally need me.
Consequently, I have (literally) anywhere from 15-30 minutes per day for personal email. That means while you can contact me by email using the form below, I will read your email (eventually), but will likely not reply to it.
- Read books for you in order to render an opinion on them for you. My time for research is unfortunately quite limited. Consequently, I read only peer-reviewed academic material. There’s simply no time for anything else.
- Read or review your book manuscript …
- Watch videos to render comment …
- Listen to podcast episodes to render comment …
- Give you book recommendations (on topics listed here)
Lastly, what I’ve produced on my website or in my books (The Unseen Realm, Reversing Hermon, I Dare You Not to Bore Me with the Bible, The Bible Unfiltered) has a purpose — to give you content. I can’t (and wouldn’t) reproduce the content of my books in an email. Please read the books. They cover all sorts of subjects like:
1. The “serpent” (nachash) in Genesis 3
2. The sons of God, the nephilim, the rephaim, the flood, or other giant clans in the OT
3. “Lady Wisdom” in Proverbs 8.
4. The divine council (see my divine council site). This includes questions about the sons of God (I don’t take the Sethite view, as biblical theology didn’t begin with Augustine) and the book of 1 Enoch (you can read it online just as well as I can).
5. Azazel in Leviticus 16.
6. Psalm 82 and silly (but common) objections to plural elohim in that passage of the OT. See my divine council website again.
7. Sheol (or, “Did Israelite religion have a heaven and a hell concept?”)
8. Zecharia Sitchin’s ancient astronaut nonsense. See www.sitchiniswrong.com and my PaleoBabble blog.
9. How Cain was fathered by the serpent (see my post on this).
10. Ezekiel’s wheels (no, he didn’t see a flying saucer)
11. My thoughts on Bible versions.
12. The meaning of the Tetragrammaton.
That’s just a sampling. Again, I write books so people have good content. I won’t reproduce that content in emails.